Janelle's Peanut Butter Fritos
- 1 cup corn syrup, like Karo Syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 large bag Fritos scoops
PREPARATION:1. Spread fritos out on a big jelly roll pan turning them so most of the scoop sides
2. In a sauce pan combine corn syrup and sugar and stir gently.
3. Cook only until little bubbles begin to form. Do not cook too long or it will get
too hard when it cools.
4. Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter until it melts. Pour over chips on pan.
Good to eat immediately. Sometimes we melt chocolate chips and drizzle
over the top.
Oh OK then. . . ONE more recipe. . .
Meri's Soda Cracker Surprise Toffee
- saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Line jelly roll pan with foil and spray with pan spray. Place saltine crackers close together covering entire pan.
2. Bring butter and sugar to boil for 2-1/2 minutes, pour over crackers.
3. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Pour chocolate chips on top, spreading as they melt. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
So what does patriarch Kody Brown say about all this? "As polygamist cooking goes, this cookbook surpasses all the rest. I mean, our house hasn't seen a vegetable since 1983, but our starch favorites can't be beat! Right, Brigham?"