Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Since I will get absolutely nothing done today. . .




I don't know why I do these things. An obsession is an obsession. But it's a fun one, for the most part. It's waiting for something to happen with my novel that is gruelling. Meantime, since I don't actually own these Harold windup toys, I can play around with them in other ways. I've seen video, a few seconds long (in fact, I'll pull out the gifs I made from it) of the standup figure "walking", or sort of shuffling along. Harold Lloyd memorabilia can cost in the many thousands, including a signed photo I saw for $7,000.00. Some of these may be knockoffs, but they're still valuable as collectables.






Not sure what all the wincing is about, but maybe it's the best they could do to represent a smile.

POST-BLOG: There are variations on the Walking Harold, including a black Harold  who may have been modelled after one of the Nicholas Brothers (named Harold Lloyd, so his parents must have been a fan). I already dealt with this in a former post. But I just now found something very sad. And please be aware that this isn't photoshopped! It's a tin Harold for sale, yes, but "as is". Something happened to his arms and one of his feet, so it's doubtful that he can walk. Maybe we can fix him up with one of those bumper-car-type things?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments