Friday, January 12, 2018

"Why I Hate My Pillow" (Amazon review)


(Below is one of the best reviews I've ever seen, of any product, in any medium. I just had to dedicate a whole post to it. My Pillow ads are the most irritating things on the face of the planet, especially that inane little jingle that sounds like it should have been on the Jack Benny radio program in 1940. Even more surprising is the fact that nobody seems to like My Pillow. But this negative review was the best negative review I have ever seen, so I quote it here in its entirety.)


As Seen on TV My Pillow Maximum comfort and support (2)
by As Seen On TV

Price:$119.99+ Free shipping

Search
SORT BY
Top rated
FILTER BY

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated this pillow.
By Kindle Customer on December 15, 2017
Verified Purchase




REVIEW. Hated this pillow. Just like all loose filled pillows, I woke up with a large dent and my head on the actress.

Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

Yes 


No Report abuse



CONSUMER REPORT.  I was somewhat taken aback, especially in light of the fact that the ads for this thing run about fifty times a day on KVOS (the oldies TV station), to learn from my hero James White (the Freakin' Review guy) that My Pillow, the corporation, found itself in serious legal hot water last year. 





Though this seems standard with As Seen on TV products, they made all sorts of outlandish claims that this pillow could do everything but cure cancer. These fell under the heading of "unsubstantiated claims". They also perpetrated some minor fraud on the public by not making good on their two-for-one deals. I found an alarming number of one-star reviews on Amazon, mostly of the "this-is-a-terrible-pillow" variety, but this one was one of the most delicious things I've ever read. This might actually HELP a product's sales if it actually happened. 



2 comments:

  1. We have two of the "MyPillows" and a bed topper...Product quality is great...What I hate are the revolting TV ads...It was bad before, but now they are running on NewsMax and Fox...Like 15x per hour all day! I'm wearing out my TV remostes blocking the ads every time they play. infuriating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe he was in jail by now! The most memorable line in the review: "I woke up with my head on the actress." Some folks might envy that!

      Delete

Comments