Thursday, April 5, 2012

Behold, the lamb of Easter!




I always thought knitted stuffed animals looked like those crocheted toilet-roll poodles in my grandmother's bathroom. Then I started to find some better patterns on the net.

It's not as hard as you think: but there are a lot of little fluffy white knitted pieces to piece together and sew. That's the tedious part.






The little pink angora bunny was made from a square. You knit a square, then fold it up like origami, sew and stuff, then add details. The folding part was so frustating, this little cuss was in the garbage a couple of times before I got it right. The chick was, well, a chick!




Another shot.






But these guys are my pride and joy. Though the boucle yarn is hard to work with, it produced a gratifying nubby-wool result. Have you ever tried to sew the leg on a lamb?


http://margaretgunnng.blogspot.com/2012/01/synopsis-glass-character-novel-by.html

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not, nor do I at this time anticipate ever finding myself in a position to be trying such delicate fingerwork unless it would be to distract guards at the "re-education camp" in which I am interned, having been ratted out by my sister or her ilk for publishing or perhaps even merely appearing to be thinking politically unpardonable concepts and attitudes.

      Delete
    2. As you can see, I am already monitoring myself with this in mind, having deleted a comment above expressing concern over the type of batteries used by Mitt Romney's handlers to activate his vocal apparatus and brain simulator. I deleted it because it was getting way to complicated to have to defend under enhanced interrogation.

      Delete
  2. What's that got to do with fuzzy lambs? The girls loved their bunnies, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable. Reading my other two comments leaves me a tad baffled. I recall having just received an email screed from my right-wing sister and probly took out my frustration on those sweet little fluffy things. The sister received no response from me, and her screed when clopping off with the delete button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'll wish with you. Maybe with two heads working on it...

      Delete
  5. I know it's an extreme wish, but all she did was damage. She murdered me when I was a child and got away with it because everyone naturally believed her. She has a way of forcing her hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She murdered something in herself way before that - her soul, maybe?

      Delete

Comments