Monday, January 9, 2012

Just a coincidence? I. . . DON'T. . . THINK. . .SO!



I was gonna do this a long time ago, really I was, I had the photos all ready, when I chickened out. Chickened out, right around the time I published my post on Matt Paust's book If the Woodsman is Late, in which I think I called him Hemingway in the Henhouse.


But you know, I have to confess I had someone else in mind. I only have a couple photos of Matt that are about the size of postage stamps, but it's clear to me even from this slender body of evidence that he's actually. . .







Can't you see the resemblance? No? Just take a closer look.






Uncanny, isn't it? And how about this one? (Sorry, I've run out of Matt pictures so you'll have to use your imagination.)



Matt in a good mood.



Matt in a bad mood.



        Matt the potentate.



Matt the sea captain aboard his 64-foot ketch, the Leakin' Lena.

(For the non-seaworthy, a ketch is a two-masted sailing vessel with the mizzenmast stepped forward of the rudder head. Averages a backfish of six roosters.)





                                                    Matt in a holly-jolly mood





                                             The animated Matt!


And not only that. . .








3 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO! Gadzooks, Margaret. Hard to deny, as I know you've never seen the two of us in the same room together. Better Burl, tho, than Col. Sanders. The chickens get nervous when they hear that name. Besides, Burl and I can sing better than Sanders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, listen, Burl Ives was a big part of my childhood. When I first saw Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, I was devastated. I always thought he was such a bluff, benevolent figure with that friendly tenor voice, the folk songs. But there was one, That's All I Can Remember, which is about being electrocuted for murdering your best friend. Not so jolly!

    I'd say you sing better than Sanders OR Burl, both of them being dead for decades.

    ReplyDelete

Comments